WE’RE READY TO HOST MAIDEN NATIONAL INTERMEDIATE SPORTS FESTIVAL, SANWO-OLU. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.
A new photo of John Goodman has brought attention to the actor’s appearance, years after he publicly discussed changes to his lifestyle.
Goodman, 74, was photographed inside a grocery store with actor David DeLuise, 54, after the two reportedly ran into each other. DeLuise shared the photo on Instagram on Thursday, Aug. 6, showing Goodman looking noticeably slimmer.
“He was my childhood!! Legend!” DeLuise wrote in the caption. “I love that I get to say that to someone ;), if you know you know.”
Goodman has previously spoken about his efforts to change his lifestyle. In 2010, the Roseanne actor told PEOPLE that he had lost more than 100 pounds after cutting sugar from his diet and exercising six days a week.
“I’m breaking a sweat, but I’m not going nuts,” Goodman said at the time.
He also revealed that his weight had reached close to 400 pounds at his heaviest.
During an appearance on Late Night with David Letterman, Goodman explained that he would lose significant amounts of weight during breaks from Roseanne, only to gain it back.
“I’d get off of Roseanne — every spring. I’d lose 60 pounds every spring,” he said, according to TV Guide.
Goodman also stopped drinking in 2007. He later explained that the decision followed a period when he became concerned about the effect alcohol was having on his life.
“I just got tired, sick and tired of looking at myself,” he said, according to News.com.au. “I wanted to live life better.”
He said he decided to seek treatment after waking up shaking following a weekend of heavy drinking with friends.
Comments
Post a Comment