FORMER KENNEDY CENTER EMPLOYEES ALLEGE LEADERSHIP DELAYED ROOF REPAIRS BEFORE CITING SAFETY ISSUES IN CLOSURE DECISION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Former Kennedy Center employees allege leadership delayed roof repairs before citing safety issues in closure decision Former Kennedy Center employees allege that the venue’s leadership knew about serious structural problems well before citing newly discovered hazards as the reason for its abrupt closure this month. The claims were outlined in a letter to Congress from a lawyer representing anonymous whistleblowers. The letter accuses the center’s executive director and chief operating officer, Matt Floca, of failing to prioritize roof repairs and stopping a funded repair plan in April. Floca disputes the allegations, saying recent inspections revealed that water damage had spread farther into the building than officials previously knew. In a September court declaration, Floca cited “acute risks to public safety” following an inspection that found deterioration in a roof terrace canopy and a partial ceiling collapse. The former employees contend those dangers were already known to...

KENNETH OKONKWO DISMISSES CLAIMS HE BEGGED PETER OBI FOR RENT. (PHOTO).




Kenneth Okonkwo Dismisses Claims He Begged Peter Obi for Rent


African Democratic Congress (ADC) member Kenneth Okonkwo has dismissed allegations that he requested rent from Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) presidential candidate Peter Obi.


Okonkwo made the rebuttal in an interview while reacting to claims by Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) member Katch Ononuju. The Nollywood actor-turned-politician said he had already built his own houses before entering active politics.


“Before I entered active politics and came to Peter Obi, I had built all the houses that I needed. This is because I wanted to be an independent person with my own opinion,” Okonkwo stated.


He added that his loyalty lies with Nigeria, its people, the Constitution, his conscience, and the commandments of God, rather than any political party or individual politician.


“I made it clear from day one that my loyalty is to Nigeria, to Nigerian people and the Constitution, and my conscience and the commandment of God. I am not going to move away from this. So my loyalty is not to a political party or to a politician but to Nigeria,” he said.


Okonkwo further insisted he has never sought rent from Obi or anyone else. “So I have never asked for rent from Peter Obi or anybody since I was born. By the grace of God, I lived in my father’s house, finished my university education, went and lived in my own house in Lagos. By 1994, I moved into my own duplex in Lagos and I lived there for 14 years,” he added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.