ATIKU APOLOGIZES TO NIGERIAN TEACHERS, CITING 'FAILED LEADERSHIP' AMID ECONOMIC HARDSHIP. (PHOTO).

Image
 Atiku Apologizes to Nigerian Teachers, Citing 'Failed Leadership' Amid Economic Hardship Abuja, Nigeria - Former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the African Democratic Congress, Atiku Abubakar, has issued a heartfelt apology to Nigerian teachers, attributing their current economic plight to what he described as the 'failed leadership' of the nation. In a statement released on Monday by his spokesperson, Abubakar expressed deep concern over the escalating cost of living, which he stated is severely hindering teachers' ability to provide for their families and effectively carry out their crucial educational duties. Abubakar, a staunch advocate for education, took a moment to laud the immense sacrifices made by Nigerian educators. Reflecting on his own formative years, he shared a personal connection to the teaching profession. "Of course, I appreciate Nigerian teachers. I am a product of their work and the education I received in their classrooms,...

I NEVER APPLIED FOR AN AMERICAN GREEN CARD JIMMY CARTER GOT IT FOR ME-WOLE SOYINKA.

Image result for wole soyinka                                                                                  Today monday Professor Wole Soyink disclosed that he never applied for an American Green Card and it was the former United States President,Jimmy Carter who got it for him.Soyinka,at a press conference at the Freedom Park,Lagos,Southwest Nigeria also took a swipe at Nigerians who criticised him and wanted to know if h would abide by his comment to dump his green card if Donald Trump should win.An unhappy Soyinka said his decision to dump the green card if Trump should win was personal and was no business of any Nigerian,decrying that unwarranted comments and insults against his personality on social media by bloggers and the rest was uncalled for because they were not the ones who got the green card for him.''Let us look at the phenomenon of this green card,I called it Jimmy Carter's card.Jimmy Carter got it for me.I was teaching then at Emory University.The President of my University,William Chase had applied for a green card for me,I was then on E1/B2 visa which allowed you to teach or to work in the US for a limited period.Finally my department head and president said to me,look,you should get a green card.They insisted and they went ahead.When you are about to move from one grade to the other,either a kind of visa to the next or from that visa to green card,you become a prisoner.You cannot leave the US unless you get what is known as exeat,if you do,you cannot come back to the US,you must wait and get an exeat,'' he explained.''I really I am puzzled.I don't know what the hazzle is all about,if I decide I want to leave the US and in a particular way,that is my business and not the business of the millipedes of internet who claw out at any excuse and lips flying in their trade.I don't know what the excitation is,why do Nigerians tend to wail louder than the bereaved?.What is your business? I am addressing those illiterates who feel that they have to make themselves heard and have to express opinion about everything,whether it concerns them or not and resort to vulgar abuse and insult simply because they are scared just because one person is saying I have had enough of the state.I just want to take a walk.This is simply a personal issue,'' he said.
Image result for wole soyinka                                                                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.