PROSECUTORS SAY TEEN KILLED MOM AND SHOWED FRIEND CORPSE: 'ARE YOU SQUEAMISH AROUND DEAD BODIES? '. (PHOTOS).

Image
 Prosecutors Say Teen Killed Mom and Showed Friend Corpse: 'Are You Squeamish Around Dead Bodies?' According to prosecutors, when a 14-year-old Mississippi girl frantically messaged her friend to come over to help with an “emergency” one afternoon this past March, the friend had no idea what she'd witness next. "Are you squeamish around dead bodies?" 14-year-old Carly Gregg allegedly asked the friend when she answered the front door, according to Mississippi state prosecutor Kathryn White Newman, in footage broadcast by CourtTV, who spoke at the now-15-year-old's murder trial. Local WAPT and WJTV also reported on Newman's opening statements in the trial, which began Monday. According to Newman, moments later, Gregg led her friend to her bedroom, where her mother was dead on the floor from three gunshots, CourtTV and WAPT reported. Newman told the courtroom that Gregg's mother was searching her daughter's bedroom for vape pens, WLBT also reported. G

OMONI OBOLI: I USED TO TRADE MY SCRIPTS FOR ROLES. (PHOTO).


 Omoni Oboli: I used to trade my scripts for roles


Filmmaker and actress Omoni Oboli has shared her inspiring story of transitioning from an actress to a director.

In an interview with Radionow 95.3 FM, Oboli revealed that she initially traded her scripts for roles in films, only to realise that her vision wasn’t being brought to life.

Determined to maintain creative control, Oboli said she decided to take the helm and direct her own projects.

According to him, despite initial apprehensions and self-doubt, she found the courage to pursue her dreams.

Oboli recounted: “I was trading my scripts, I’d say you know what, just take it, and don’t pay me. Just give me a role in the film. So, I started to do that. But then I’ll watch the film and I realised, Okay it’s not quite what I had in my head when I was writing cos I see what I’m writing, I write in pictures. I see what I’m writing, so when I’m watching the movie it’s so different. Not to say that it wasn’t good because no two directors will direct the same script in the same way. So I said to myself, if my stories are going to have my DNA, then I’m going to have to direct them myself,” she said.

Oboli’s journey involved understudying directors on set and formal education at the New York Film Academy.

“And it was a scary thought, really who do you think you are to come and direct a film? Like who are you again? You know it was so scary, but then I said to myself, Warri no dey carry lass na. wetin dem get wey I no get? I was like, I’ll do this thing. So I started understudying directors, like I’m acting on set but I’m watching the director closely. And I said you know what? Maybe I need some formal education on this. So I went to the New York Film Academy for a short course,” she added.

She said her determination and passion have led to her success as a director, allowing her to bring her unique vision to the screen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

AMBODE,SOYINKA & OTHERS AT THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH OF LAGOS AT 50 YEARS ANNIVERSARY AGAINST 2017.{PHOTOS}.