Nigeria Records No National Grid Collapse in Four Months, Says Power Minister The Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, announced that Nigeria has not experienced a national grid collapse in the past four months of 2025, marking a significant improvement in the country’s power sector. Speaking at the sixth Ministerial Press Briefing in Abuja on Thursday, Adelabu attributed the stability to enhanced generation capacity and ongoing power reforms. “In the last four months, Nigeria has maintained a stable electricity supply without grid disturbances,” Adelabu said. “Previously, the grid would collapse at 5,000 megawatts, but we recently achieved a peak of 5,801.63 megawatts without any collapse.” The minister also highlighted the impact of the April 4, 2024, tariff hike for Band A electricity customers, which led to a 70 percent increase in sector revenue and a ₦700 billion reduction in tariff shortfalls. Earlier, the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, emp...