LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

MOTORISTS TRAPPED IN GRIDLOCK AS LAGOS CLOSES THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE.(PHOTO).


 Motorists trapped in gridlock as Lagos closes Third Mainland Bridge


Lagos road users on Wednesday expressed their frustration over the closure of the Third Mainland Bridge after being trapped in traffic for hours.


The Lagos State Government had on Tuesday said the Island-Iyana Oworo bound lane of the Third Mainland Bridge would be shut for 36 hours for maintenance work.


The state Commissioner for Transportation, Oluwaseun Osiyemi, in a statement, said the closure of the Island-Iyana Oworo bound lane would take effect from 12.00 am on Wednesday till 12.00 noon on Thursday, March 7, 2024.


Osiyemi said consequently, motorists plying this route were advised to use the alternative routes previously provided during this period.


He further noted that the initial traffic diversion arrangements on the bridge would return after this 36 hour closure.


Motorists heading back to the Mainland on Wednesday however had a hectic time connecting back to their destination due to the traffic congestion along the alternative routes.


PUNCH Metro learnt that the motorists spent over four hours in the traffic stretching from Lekki, through Victoria Island all the way through to Eko Bridge and Carter Bridge


@madikevictor who lamented over the development via his X handle said,  “I left Island at 4:20pm, climbed third mainland bridge at 9:13pm. I’m losing my mind mehn. Lagos. Why did they even close the bridge initially sef?” In what was seen trending on the X platform other users also narrated their experiences about the gridlock.


Another road user who spoke to our correspondent said she had spent close to five hours in the traffic.


“I have spent nothing less than five hours in this traffic since I left the Island before evening,” she said.


Our correspondent gathered that the bridge was later reopened for the road users due to the outrage caused by the congestion.


A user @Riddwane, who disclosed this on the X platform wrote, “Due to the traffic congestion on Eko Bridge and Western Avenue this evening, Third Mainland Bridge has just been re-opened for motorists leaving the Island for Mainland. So, the vehicle can now ply 3MB from Adeniji to Iyana Oworo.”


The Lagos State government had announced Wednesday night that the bridge would be opened for motorists commuting from the Mainland to the Island while it will be closed all day for commuters moving from the Island to the mainland.


It noted that the previous arrangement will return on Thursday from 1pm to 12 am from the Island to the Mainland.


The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos State, Olukorede Keisha, on October 2023 revealed plans for a comprehensive overhaul of the bridge’s asphalt layers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.