EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

KEVIN COSTNER'S SEXUAL HARASSMENT SUIT BY HORIZON II STUNTWOMAN TO PROCEED, JUDGE RULES; OSCAR WINNER PLANS IMMEDIATE APPEAL. (PHOTO).

 


Kevin Costner's sexual harassment suit by Horizon II stuntwoman to proceed, judge rules; Oscar winner plans immediate appeal

Kevin Costner will face trial in a sexual harassment case brought by a ‘Horizon II’ stuntwoman

Kevin Costner suffered a setback Thursday in his effort to dismiss a sexual harassment and hostile workplace lawsuit filed by Devyn LaBella, a stuntwoman on the film Horizon II. While two of LaBella’s ten claims were dismissed, the remaining allegations will move forward, and Costner’s team plans to appeal quickly.

After a hearing at the Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Jon R. Takasugi ruled that LaBella’s claims of sexual discrimination, harassment, and failure to prevent harassment could proceed, though he dismissed her claims under the California Civil Code and the Bane Act related to alleged threats of physical violence. The court noted that LaBella had presented evidence that she was subjected to an unplanned simulated rape scene on set without prior discussion, choreography, or the presence of a SAG-AFTRA-mandated intimacy or stunt coordinator, which could constitute a hostile work environment.

LaBella’s lawyers emphasized that her lawsuit is grounded in the lack of contractual protections on the May 2, 2023, set, rather than the creative process of filming. Judge Takasugi also upheld her breach-of-contract claim, citing evidence that the absence of required protections violated the SAG-AFTRA Basic Agreement.

LaBella attended the court session, while Costner did not. Her attorney, James Vagnini, stated that the court’s decision “recognized the strong merits of her case” and called for the defendants to allow the discovery phase to proceed. Fellow attorney Kate McFarlane added that the ruling affirmed that “men in power cannot have impunity to abuse women” in the workplace.

Costner’s lawyer Marty Singer acknowledged the partial dismissal but said the remaining claims “have no legal or factual merit” and that the team plans to appeal promptly. The case is set for further proceedings in December, including a demurrer hearing, as LaBella prepares to continue her pursuit of accountability for the alleged on-set incidents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).