EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

NASARAWA HEALTHCARE WORKERS TO ENJOY NEW HAZARD ALLOWANCES. (PHOTO).


 Nasarawa Healthcare Workers To Enjoy New Hazard Allowances

***

Healthcare workers in the services of Nasarawa State Government are soon to enjoy new hazard allowances as part of government effort to improve on her health care delivery services.


The State Commissioner for Health, Dr Gaza Gwamna, says plans are already on ground to implement the improved hazard allowance for Medical Doctors and other category of healthcare workers in the state.


He was speaking on Friday in Lafia immediately after meeting with leaders of the various unions in the health sector.


Gwamna also explained that the state government had directed that the financial implications of the understanding promotions, hazard allowance, CONMESS and CONHESS be computed with a view to implementing them.


“The Federal Government had approved the adjusted Hazard allowance, CONMESS and CONHESS and the State Government is working to implement it in the next few months,” he added.


He further said that only nine medical doctors had written to the government of their intention to resign at the end March 2024.


He also used the forum to appeal to the unions in the health sector to show more understanding to the government as it would do everything possible to ensure better welfare for all civil servants.


Also speaking to journalists, Attah Ayaka-Avre, State Chairman, National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives (NANNM) said the association had already given a 14-days ultimatum to the state government over welfare issues affecting its members.


The NANNM Chairman explained that the 14-days ultimatum would expired on April 2 and said that the association would decide on the next line of action if their demands were not met at that time.


Some of the demands he listed include payment of hazard allowance, reviewed CONHESS, outstanding promotions, payment of 2023/2024 uniform allowance among others.


“The government should also improve equipments and facilities at the Primary Healthcare Centres, General Hospitals and Tertiary health facility in the state,” he added.


He however, commended the Commissioner for the effort aimed at addressing lingering issues in the health sector to avoid escalation.


Also, Dr. Mohammed Salihu-Ozegya, Chairman, Medical and Dental Consultant Association, Dalhatu Araf Specialist Hospital (DASH) branch said the said some of their colleagues had tendered their resignation from the state.


He explained that the resignation was due to the difference in renumeration between the state and federal government.


He therefore, urged the state government to urgently implement the reviewed allowances and salary structure in order to safe the sector from avoidable problems. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).