LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

GABON’S OUSTED PRESIDENT BONGO FLIES TO ANGOLA WITH FAMILY, ANGOLA CONFIRMS. (PHOTO).


 Gabon’s Ousted President Bongo Flies to Angola with Family, Angola Confirms


Luanda, May 16, 2025 —


 Angola has confirmed that Gabon’s deposed President Ali Bongo Ondimba arrived in the country earlier this week, accompanied by members of his immediate family. The development marks a new chapter in the aftermath of Gabon’s 2023 military coup that ended Bongo’s 14-year rule.


In an official statement released on Thursday, Angola’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the former leader and his relatives were received “for humanitarian reasons,” following a formal request from Bongo’s representatives and with the consent of Gabon’s transitional authorities.


“The Republic of Angola reaffirms its commitment to peace, stability, and regional cooperation. The arrival of former President Ali Bongo and his family is being managed in accordance with international norms and respect for human dignity,” the statement said.


Bongo was ousted in August 2023 after a group of senior military officers seized power just hours after election results declared him the winner of a disputed third term. The coup leaders cited concerns over electoral fraud and misgovernance. The military-installed transitional government has since ruled the oil-rich Central African nation, pledging a return to civilian rule through democratic elections.


Ali Bongo, 65, had largely remained out of the public eye following the coup, residing under house arrest in Libreville for several months. Though he was later released and allowed limited movement within Gabon, his relocation to Angola signals a further loosening of restrictions and may indicate a negotiated settlement regarding his political future.


The Bongo family has ruled Gabon for more than five decades, with Ali Bongo taking power in 2009 after the death of his father, Omar Bongo. Their long-standing grip on power has drawn criticism from opposition groups and civil society activists, who have accused the regime of authoritarianism and corruption.


Angola’s government did not specify how long Bongo is expected to stay in the country, nor did it disclose details about his residence or security arrangements.


Regional analysts say Bongo’s presence in Angola could help ease tensions in Gabon by physically distancing him from domestic politics, while also underscoring Angola’s growing diplomatic role in Central Africa.


Neither Bongo nor his spokesperson has issued a public statement regarding the move.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.