LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

U.S HALTS VISA SERVICES AT EMBASSY IN NIGER REPUBLIC, STATE DEPARTMENT SAYS. (PHOTO).



US halts Visa services at Embassy in Niger Republic, State Department says

The United States is suspending all routine visa services at its embassy in Niamey, the capital of Niger, until further notice, according to a State Department spokesperson and an internal cable dated July 25, seen by Reuters. The pause affects all immigrant and non-immigrant visa categories, though diplomatic and official visas are exempt. The State Department said the suspension will remain in place until Washington resolves “concerns with the Government of Niger,” without providing further specifics.


The internal cable also directed consular officers at other visa processing posts to apply “heightened scrutiny” when evaluating non-immigrant visa applications from Nigerien nationals, citing high overstay rates of 8% for visitor visas and 27% for student and exchange visas. It urged consular managers to reduce overstays and emphasized the need for “particular vigilance” in adjudicating these applications. The U.S. embassy has informed those affected by the suspension.


This move comes amid a tough stance on immigration under President Donald Trump, who has pushed for increased arrests and deportations of undocumented migrants. His administration has also targeted student visa and green card holders accused of supporting Palestinians or criticizing Israel’s actions in the Gaza conflict, labeling such activities a threat to U.S. foreign policy.


In a related development, the U.S. military completed its withdrawal from Niger in September, following an order from the country’s ruling junta in April 2024 to remove nearly 1,000 American troops. This marked a significant setback for Washington, as Niger had been a crucial partner in combating insurgents in the Sahel region prior to last year’s coup. The insurgency has caused widespread death and displacement across West Africa.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.