LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

MINISTER ADDRESSES STAFF PROTEST, CLAIMS CONTROVERSY BOOSTS POPULARITY. (PHOTO).


 Minister Addresses Staff Protest, Claims Controversy Boosts Popularity


The Minister of Women Affairs, Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim, addressed staff concerns at a town hall meeting held at the National Centre for Women’s Development on Friday, following a protest by ministry workers on Wednesday, September 10. The workers had locked the minister out of the office, protesting poor welfare conditions and prolonged neglect, while chanting solidarity songs and demanding her removal.


Speaking calmly, Sulaiman-Ibrahim stated she harbored no anger toward the protesters, emphasizing that the controversy had unexpectedly increased her public profile. “I’m not upset. In fact, I’m now a more popular politician. People who didn’t know me now know me,” she said, noting that the situation had brought greater visibility to the ministry’s work. “More people are going to look at our work and like it. We have thrown ourselves into the public domain.”


The minister acknowledged the workers’ grievances, stating she had been briefed by the Permanent Secretary and had explored creative solutions to address welfare concerns. “I know the problems we have. We have tried to be creative,” she assured the staff.


Sulaiman-Ibrahim also clarified that she was not attached to her position, distinguishing herself from politicians who cling to office. “I’m not afraid of leaving here. Whatever was given to me, I did it properly,” she said, referencing her mandate to advance President Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda for women. She urged workers to respect authority and work collaboratively to safeguard the ministry’s mission.


The minister, who has served twice in her role, emphasized her commitment to delivering results, stating, “Nobody can take that out of my CV.” She appealed for unity, urging staff to support the ministry’s goals and respect its structure for the sake of national progress.


The town hall meeting marks an effort to resolve tensions within the ministry, as Sulaiman-Ibrahim seeks to address staff concerns while advancing her agenda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.