EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

9/11 FAMILIES' LAWSUIT TIES SAUDI OFFICIALS TO ATTACK DESPITE PRINCE’S DENIAL. (PHOTO).


 9/11 families' lawsuit ties Saudi officials to attack despite prince’s denial

Saudi officials’ alleged ties to the 9/11 attacks are coming under renewed scrutiny as a federal court case continues, even as Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman downplays the kingdom’s role. The lawsuit, filed under the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act of 2016, is the first time a foreign sovereign has been sued in a U.S. court for the attacks that killed 2,977 people. Families of victims and insurers have pursued the case for more than two decades, seeking what has been described as a trillion-dollar judgment.

Court filings allege that two Saudi officials, Omar al Bayoumi and Al Fahad Thumairy, assisted two of the eventual hijackers, Nawaf al Hazmi and Khalid al Mihdhar, when they arrived in Southern California in early 2000. Bayoumi, an accountant on the Saudi payroll, allegedly helped the men find housing and cash and connected them to other Saudis who aided them. Thumairy, an imam in Los Angeles, is said to have played a lesser role. Evidence includes a sketch of an airplane and mathematical calculations Bayoumi made, a “casing” video of the U.S. Capitol, and video from a meet-and-greet that brought together individuals linked to the hijackers. U.S. District Judge George B. Daniels has found enough evidence to infer the officials knowingly assisted the attackers, though the Saudis dispute the claims and are appealing.

The case highlights ongoing tensions between transparency and diplomatic relations, as Saudi Arabia remains a key U.S. ally. Prince Mohammed, who was not in government on Sept. 11, 2001, expressed sympathy for the victims’ families while denying involvement by his government. Families and attorneys argue that key evidence has long been ignored or suppressed, including British police files seized shortly after the attacks. The lawsuit continues to unfold as U.S. courts examine the extent of Saudi Arabia’s liability.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).