GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

KENNEDY CENTER THREATENS LAWSUIT AGAINST MUSICIAN WHO CANCELED SHOW OVER TRUMP NAME CHANGE. (PHOTO).


 Kennedy Center threatens lawsuit against musician who canceled show over Trump name change

The Kennedy Center says it plans to file a $1 million lawsuit against jazz musician Chuck Redd after he canceled his long-running Christmas Eve performance at the Washington, D.C., arts venue. Redd, an internationally known drummer and vibraphonist, pulled out of the annual Christmas Jazz Jam just days after President Donald Trump’s name was added to the exterior of the building. Kennedy Center officials said the cancellation amounts to a breach of contract and accused the musician of putting politics ahead of his obligation to perform. A spokesperson for the center said Redd’s decision was a disservice to audiences and argued that artists who withdraw over political disagreements are failing in their responsibility to serve the public through art. Redd, who has hosted the Christmas event for many years, said he chose to cancel after seeing the name change reflected both online and on the building itself.

Kennedy Center President Richard Grenell sharply criticized Redd in a letter, calling the cancellation a political stunt and accusing him of giving in to pressure from political activists. Grenell also posted publicly that the arts should be accessible to everyone and said the center would not allow performances to be canceled without consequences. Redd has not publicly responded further. The dispute comes amid broader backlash following the board’s decision to rename the venue “The Donald J. Trump and The John F. Kennedy Memorial Center for the Performing Arts,” a move that has prompted several artists to cancel appearances and sparked legal action from Democratic lawmakers who argue the name change requires congressional approval. Kennedy Center officials maintain that the institution remains bipartisan, welcoming artists and patrons from all backgrounds, and said the planned lawsuit against Redd will be filed after the holiday period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).