ALLEGED GRAFT: ICPC CONFIRMS NASIR EL-RUFAI’S ARREST AFTER HIS RELEASE FROM EFCC CUSTODY. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
Alleged Graft: ICPC Confirms Nasir El-rufai’s Arrest After His Release From EFCC Custody PRESS RELEASE  The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) writes to state  that Malam Nasiru El-Rufai the former Governor of Kaduna state is in our custody as at close of work, Wednesday the 18th day of February, 2026.   Malam Nasiru El-Rufai is in the  custody of the Commission in connection with investigations.  J. Okor Odey  Head Media and Public Communications /Spokesperson  ICPC

U.S SLED RACER UHLAENDER CLAIMS SHE WAS WRONGLY BLOCKED FROM SIXTH OLYMPIC ATTEMPT. (PHOTO).



 U.S sled racer Uhlaender claims she was wrongly blocked from sixth Olympic attempt

Veteran U.S. sled racer Katie Uhlaender says she has been unfairly denied the chance to compete in her sixth Winter Olympic Games and is urging the International Olympic Committee to create a “wild card” spot so she can race in Milan Cortina next month.

“This is about the integrity of sport and the code of ethics that upholds sportsmanship, fair play, integrity, respect, and community,” Uhlaender wrote on the social media platform X on Sunday.

The dispute centers on a qualifying event held earlier this month in Lake Placid, New York, where athletes raced head-first down an icy track in head-to-head heats to earn points toward Olympic qualification. Uhlaender, 41, from Breckenridge, Colorado, performed strongly and appeared on track to secure enough points to make the team.

However, at the last minute, the Canadian skeleton team withdrew four female athletes from the Lake Placid event. Because of the points system, the reduction in competitors meant Uhlaender received fewer qualifying points. She and others accused Canada of deliberately manipulating the system to affect her chances.

Canadian officials denied any wrongdoing, and the International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation (IBSF) reviewed the situation. “The late withdrawal of athletes intuitively gives rise to concern that the action may have constituted impermissible manipulation,” IBSF officials said, but on Jan. 15, the federation ruled in Canada’s favor, leaving Uhlaender’s point total unchanged.

The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee expressed support for Uhlaender’s bid, but her request was rejected. “We did send a letter to the IOC, and we got a response this morning that they are supporting the international [sledding] federation decision on the matter,” said Rocky Harris, Team USA’s chief of sport.

Canadian Olympic Committee head David Shoemaker said he considers the issue closed. “It’s certainly not ideal to have the integrity of that [Canadian skeleton] program and its coach questioned on the eve of the Olympics,” he said.

Uhlaender, who has competed in Olympic skeleton events since the 2006 Winter Games, said she still hopes the IOC will reverse its decision and grant a special berth. She also called on Vice President J.D. Vance, who is leading the U.S. delegation to the Milan Cortina opening ceremony, to advocate on her behalf. “If I could speak with J.D. Vance, I would ask if he would stand with me, the U.S. Olympic Committee, and many other nations,” she said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).