EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

U.S EMBASSY ISSUES TRAVEL ALERT FOR AMERICANS IN TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AMID VENEZUELA TENSIONS. (PHOTO).


 US Embassy issues travel alert for Americans in Trinidad and Tobago amid Venezuela tensions

The U.S. Embassy in Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday advised Americans to avoid all government facilities on the islands, citing a heightened state of alert. The warning came amid rising tensions between the United States and Venezuela following deadly U.S. military strikes in Caribbean waters targeting suspected drug traffickers.

The embassy did not provide specific reasons for the advisory, instead urging Americans to “be aware of your surroundings” and avoid U.S. facilities over the holiday weekend, which coincides with Diwali, a major Hindu festival celebrated by about 35% of Trinidad and Tobago’s 1.4 million residents. Venezuelan waters lie just miles from Trinidad, where some coastal communities are mourning two local fishermen believed to have been killed in a U.S. strike earlier this week.

Trinidad and Tobago officials confirmed the alert stems from threats directed at American citizens, which could be connected to regional tensions. The country’s Minister of Homeland Security, Roger Alexander, said authorities have implemented security measures to respond to potential incidents but declined to provide specific details.

Since early September, six U.S. strikes in the Caribbean have killed at least 29 people. Survivors from the most recent attack on a suspected drug-carrying vessel were taken into custody by U.S. authorities. The Trump administration has described the alleged traffickers as unlawful combatants subject to military action, contributing to heightened unease in the region.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).