FORMER MANCHESTER UNITED STAR PAUL SCHOLES HANDED SIX-MONTH DRIVING BAN.(PHOTO).

Image
 Former Manchester United star Paul Scholes handed six-month driving ban Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has been handed a six month driving ban after he racked up two convictions in the space of two days. The 51-year-old was caught speeding in a Range Rover in March while on a late-night drive through Cleckheaton in West Yorkshire. West Yorkshire Police brought a prosecution over the incident, as Scholes’ car had been clocked at 37mph on a 30mph stretch of residential road. The ex-England star was also taken to task by Greater Manchester Police after a Mercedes registered in his name was caught driving at 49mph in a 30mph zone in November last year. Scholes was then prosecuted for failing to respond to two police letters asking for confirmation that he had been the speeding driver. The two criminal cases culminated in hearings on two days last week, when Scholes was handed a six-month driving ban and ordered to pay fines, costs, and court fees totalling £1,472. A ...

CHAD SHUTS BORDER WITH SUDAN TO REASSERT NEUTRALITY. (PHOTO).


 Chad shuts border with Sudan to reassert neutrality


Chad has shut its border with Sudan, hoping to reassert its neutrality in the devastating conflict.


Chad's government officially maintains it is neutral in the three-year-old battle between Sudan's paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) and the regular army that has left tens of thousands dead and forced more than 12 million from their homes, according to the United Nations.


Nearly one million of the displaced are in Chad, however.


Darfur, a vast region in western Sudan bordering Chad, is almost entirely under RSF control since the city of Al Fasher fell in October.


RSF attacks near Chad border


On February 21, the RSF claimed to have captured the border town of Al Tina, the twin of Al Tine on the Chadian side.


The paramilitaries have conducted several operations near the Chad border, killing 15 Chadian soldiers and eight civilians since December, according to an AFP count.


Chad shut the border on February 23 in a move that Communications Minister Gassim Cherif Mahamat said aimed to prevent "any risk of the conflict spreading."


Chad "reserved the right to retaliate against any aggression or violation of the inviolability of its territory and its borders", he added.


Stance of neutrality


While cross-frontier trade and movement is halted, some special exemptions are planned so that Sudanese can still seek refuge in Chad, the communications minister said.


The 1,400-kilometre desert border is hard to control.


But the announced closure allows the Chadian authorities to regain a stance of neutrality "faced with RSF allies who are losing ground militarily", a Chadian diplomat told AFP speaking on condition of anonymity.


The UN rights office last month accused Sudan's paramilitaries of war crimes and possible crimes against humanity during the capture of Al Fasher, saying some 6,000 people were killed in just three days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.