LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

TUNISIA MOVES HUNDREDS OF MIGRANTS FROM DESOLATE BORDER AREA.(PHOTO).

 

Tunisia moves hundreds of migrants from desolate border area


Tunisia has moved hundreds of migrants to shelters in two towns, a local rights group said on Tuesday, after criticism of conditions in a desolate Sahara military area on the border with Libya, where the government transferred them last week.


Struggling with high numbers of mainly sub-Saharan African migrants seeking to leave the north African country for Europe, President Kais Saied has responded with measures local and international rights groups say are endangering lives.


"Hundreds of people who were on the Libyan border were transferred finally to shelter centres in Medenine and Tataouine towns after difficult times they spent there in the intense heat", Ramadan Ben Omar, an official at the non-governmental Tunisian Forum for Economic and Social Rights, told Reuters.


The interior ministry did not respond to a request for comment.


The government moved the migrants to the site at the Libyan border following an outbreak of violence in the coastal city of Sfax earlier in July, rights groups said, where travellers and residents clashed.


The disturbances between migrants and residents in Sfax lasted a week and one Tunisian was killed. Residents complained of disorderly behaviour by migrants and migrants complained of racist harassment.


Thousands of undocumented migrants have flocked to Sfax in recent months with the goal of setting off for Europe in boats run by human traffickers, leading to an unprecedented migration crisis for Tunisia.


While overall irregular migration to Europe is up about 12% this year, it more than doubled in the central Mediterranean region, according to data from Europe's border agency in May.


The sharp rise in attempted crossings from Tunisia is partly attributable to a crackdown ordered by Saied on migrants from sub-Saharan Africa living in the country illegally.


Earlier this year, Saied claimed a conspiracy to change Tunisia's racial makeup. His statement was followed by reports of racist attacks, and by rising numbers of Black Africans resident in Tunisia seeking to leave for Europe.


Tunisia is now under pressure from Europe to stop migrants departing from its coasts. European countries are considering a package of financial support to help the economy and to deal with migration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.