LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

LISBON STREETCAR DERAILMENT LEAVES 15 DEAD. (PHOTO).


 Lisbon streetcar derailment leaves 15 dead

A devastating accident struck Lisbon on Wednesday when one of the city’s iconic yellow-and-white streetcars derailed on a steep downtown hill, leaving 15 people dead and 18 others injured, according to emergency services. Among the injured was a child, and several of the victims were foreign nationals. Officials said five people were in serious condition. The derailment, described as Lisbon’s worst accident in recent memory, shocked the city and cast a shadow over one of its most beloved tourist attractions. The streetcar, known as the Elevador da Glória, toppled onto its side and crashed into a building at a bend in the narrow road it usually climbs, leaving its sides and roof mangled and parts of the metal vehicle crushed.

Emergency crews worked for over two hours to rescue passengers trapped in the wreckage, eventually confirming that all victims had been removed. Eyewitnesses reported that the funicular appeared to be out of control as it careened down the hill before overturning, with one witness claiming it struck a pedestrian on the sidewalk. Authorities said the vehicle had undergone scheduled maintenance, but the cause of the crash remains under investigation. Portugal’s President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa offered condolences, while Lisbon Mayor Carlos Moedas declared the city in mourning, calling it “a tragedy of the like we’ve never seen.” The government announced a national day of mourning, and expressions of solidarity poured in from European leaders, including Ursula von der Leyen, Pedro Sánchez, and Antonio Tajani.

The Elevador da Glória, first inaugurated in 1885 and classified as a national monument, is powered by steel cables and typically carries over 40 passengers. While widely popular with tourists—millions visit Lisbon each year—it is also used daily by residents navigating the steep incline. For decades, it has symbolized Lisbon’s charm and history, making Wednesday’s derailment not only a tragic loss of life but also a blow to the spirit of a city that prides itself on its heritage and resilience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.