ATIKU APOLOGIZES TO NIGERIAN TEACHERS, CITING 'FAILED LEADERSHIP' AMID ECONOMIC HARDSHIP. (PHOTO).

Image
 Atiku Apologizes to Nigerian Teachers, Citing 'Failed Leadership' Amid Economic Hardship Abuja, Nigeria - Former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the African Democratic Congress, Atiku Abubakar, has issued a heartfelt apology to Nigerian teachers, attributing their current economic plight to what he described as the 'failed leadership' of the nation. In a statement released on Monday by his spokesperson, Abubakar expressed deep concern over the escalating cost of living, which he stated is severely hindering teachers' ability to provide for their families and effectively carry out their crucial educational duties. Abubakar, a staunch advocate for education, took a moment to laud the immense sacrifices made by Nigerian educators. Reflecting on his own formative years, he shared a personal connection to the teaching profession. "Of course, I appreciate Nigerian teachers. I am a product of their work and the education I received in their classrooms,...

UGANDA'S MUSEVENI WINS PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION BY LANDSLIDE TO EXTEND 40-YEAR RULE. (PHOTO)


 Uganda's Museveni wins presidential election by landslide to extend 40-year rule


Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni won a seventh term in office on Saturday after an election marred by an internet shutdown.


Museveni, 81, won 71.65 percent of the vote in Thursday's election, the Electoral Commission said.


His ruling party, the National Resistance Movement, also had a commanding lead in parliamentary seats, according to provisional results. Ballots were still being counted.


His victory allows him to extend his 40-year rule of the East African country.


He defeated Bobi Wine, 43, a former singer-turned-politician who won 24.72 percent and said he was in hiding on Saturday after a raid by security forces on his home.


Opponent on the run


He stated his "complete rejection of the fake results" and said he was on the run after the raid on his home on Friday night.


"I want to confirm that I managed to escape from them," Wine posted on X on Saturday. Currently, I am not at home, although my wife and other family members remain under house arrest.


"I know that these criminals are looking for me everywhere and I am trying my best to keep safe," he added.


There was a heavy police presence around the capital, Kampala, AFP reports.


Police denied they had raided Wine's home but said they had "controlled access in areas we feel are security hotspots", adding they believed the opposition leader was still at home.


"We have not necessarily denied people accessing him but we cannot tolerate instances where people use his residence to gather and... incite violence," police spokesman Kituuma Rusoke told reporters.


Poll-related violence


There were reports of election-related violence against the opposition.


Muwanga Kivumbi, member of parliament for Wine's party in the Butambala area of central Uganda, told AFP's Nairobi office by phone that security forces had killed 10 of his campaign agents after storming his home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.