GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

HAJARA EGBRA FROM KOGI,ARRESTED FOR FRAUD.

•Hajara              45 Years old Hajara Egbara,a female staff of the Federal capital development Authority,Abuja was arrested for allegedly obtaining the sum of N25million under false pretence.DSP Ngozi,said the suspect was arrested following a written complaint by a female victim to the Commissioner of police,CP Tunde Ogunsakin,that the suspect sold a plot of land to her within Asokoro extension,Abuja,in 2009 for the sum of N25million.The victim alleged that she paid the money in three installments.She said she paid N10million each for the first two instalments and the suspect issued receipts with invoice Number 0073 and 0201 to her as proofs of purchase respectively,while the last payment of N5,million was made in 2012 through an old generation bank cheque number 0179593.The petitioner stated that she discovered that she had been duped by the suspect.When she was trying to process the documents of the land.When she confrounted the suspect,the suspect took her to another land as compensation and she use about N450,000 to fence off the new land.The petitioner reported the matter to the police when the suspect came back to tell her that the land did not belong to her again.Hajara later confessed to the police that she duped the woman that she gave N8.5 million to a developer,Mohammed Sodiq,now at large,while she took the balance for her services.She would be arraigned in court after the investigation of the matter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).