GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

HAIR STYLIST BAGS TWO YEARS IMPRISONMENT FOR INTERNET FRAUD IN BENIN.(PHOTO).#PRESS RELEASE


Hair Stylist Bags Two Years Imprisonment for Internet Fraud in Benin

Justice Efe Ikponmwonba of the Edo State High Court sitting in Benin City on Tuesday, June 27, 2023 convicted and sentenced Idoko Innocent, a hair stylist, to two years imprisonment for internet fraud.

The convict journey to prison began following his arrest by operatives of the the Benin Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for his involvement in internet fraud. He allegedly fraudulently represented himself as one Don Smart, a white man in his attempt to defraud unsuspecting victims, an offence contrary to and punishable under section 384(1) of the Criminal Code Law of Edo State Law, 2022
 
Upon arraignment,  he pleaded guilty to the charge, prompting  the prosecution counsel,  K.U..Udus to pray the court to convict and sentence the defendant accordingly. However, Pascal Ugbome, the defence counsel, pleaded with the court to temper justice with mercy as the defendant was a first time offender.

Justice Ikponmwonba thereafter convicted and sentenced Innocent to two years imprisonment with an option of One Hundred Thousand Naira fine.

In addition, the court ordered the convict to forfeit his mobile phone recovered in the course of investigation to the Federal Government of Nigeria through the EFCC. His bank account used as instrument of crime was ordered closed.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).