SUPER EAGLES COACH ERIC CHELLE SIGNS WITH NEW SPORTS AGENCY TO REPRESENT HIM HENCEFORTH. (PHOTO).
Iran’s foreign minister, Abbas Araghchi, said Tuesday that the U.S. and Iran have reached an understanding on the “guiding principles” for a potential nuclear deal. Araghchi described the three-hour talks in Geneva with President Trump’s envoys, Jared Kushner and Steve Witkoff, as “serious, constructive and positive,” noting that progress had been made compared with previous meetings and that a clearer path forward has emerged. He emphasized that while the talks mark a beginning, a final agreement is not imminent.
Araghchi said that various proposals were discussed seriously and that both sides agreed to work on drafts of a potential deal, exchange texts, and set a date for a third round of negotiations. Meanwhile, the U.S. has been increasing its military presence in the Middle East, including sending a second aircraft carrier strike group to the region and deploying more than 50 fighter jets over the past 24 hours. A U.S. official described the talks as having proceeded “as expected.” The discussions signal the start of a coordinated effort to draft a formal agreement while tensions remain high in the region.
Comments
Post a Comment