LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

ECOWAS INVASION OF NIGER WILL LAST LONGER THAN PROJECTED- RUSSIA. (PHOTO).


ECOWAS invasion of Niger will last longer than projected: Russia

Russia has warned that the deployment of the military by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to Niger Republic would last longer than projected.

“We believe that a military solution to the crisis in Niger could lead to a protracted confrontation in that African country and a sharp destabilisation of the situation in the Sahara-Sahel region as a whole”, the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement on Friday.

Supporters of the military junta had earlier called on Western nations to leave the country and voiced support for Russia.

Both France and the U.S. operate military bases in Niger, which have been used to launch operations against jihadist groups present in the wider region.

Military officials from Ecowas countries are reportedly set to meet on Saturday to draft plans for a military intervention.

The bloc has said it remains open to finding a diplomatic solution to the crisis, but Nigeria’s President Bola Tinubu said on Thursday: “No option is taken off the table, including the use of force as a last resort.”

In a statement, U.S. Secretary of State, Antony Blinken said: “The United States appreciates the determination of Ecowas to explore all options for the peaceful resolution of the crisis.”

Late last month, the military ousted the democratically elected President Mohamed Bazoum in Niger and suspended the constitution in the country.

Fears are growing for the health and safety of Mr Bazoum, who has been held captive since the military seized power on July 26.

United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Volker Turk, said on Friday: “Credible reports I have received indicate that the conditions of detention could amount to inhuman and degrading treatment, in violation of international human rights law.”.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.