GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

SOKOTO NOTORIOUS BANDIT LEADER DAN DARI BIYAR NEUTRALISED BY NIGERIAN TROOPS. (PHOTO).


 SOKOTO NOTORIOUS BANDIT LEADER DAN DARI BIYAR NEUTRALISED BY NIGERIAN TROOPS


26th July, 2025     |    1:04 PM 


Troops of the Nigerian Army under Operation FANSAN YANMA have neutralised a notorious bandit leader identified as Dan Dari Biyar during a clearance operation in the western axis of Sabon Birni Local Government Area of Sokoto State.


Security sources confirmed to Zagazola Makama that the infamous kingpin was killed on Thursday while attempting to collect ransom from relatives of kidnapped victims in the forest corridor between Turtsawa, Mazau, and Zango villages.


Dan Dari Biyar, whose nickname stemmed from his chilling catchphrase, “I prefer ₦500 to a Hausa man,” had long terrorised communities with extreme brutality. He was known for mocking his victims before demanding hefty ransom payments and was linked to numerous violent crimes in Sokoto East.


Military intelligence reports indicate that the bandit leader operated out of the dense Tidibale forest, launching coordinated attacks on communities in Lalle, Tsamaye, and parts of Gwaronyo. He was also reportedly behind the notorious razing of Gidan Sale village along the Gundumi axis.


The clearance operation, which involved a joint team of Nigerian Army personnel and local security volunteers from the Sokoto State Government’s community protection initiative, is part of a broader offensive to eliminate criminal hideouts in the region.


Recovered from the scene were assorted arms, ammunition, and communication devices. Meanwhile, troops are continuing the pursuit of fleeing members of his gang believed to have escaped the ambush.


The military has intensified operations in forested enclaves across the Sokoto East senatorial zone, vowing to rid the region of all terrorist and bandit threats. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).