LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

KADUNA COURTS SHUT DOWN AS JUDICIARY WORKERS BEGIN INDEFINITE STRIKE. (PHOTO).


 Kaduna Courts Shut Down As Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike


Courts across Kaduna State were shut down on Monday as members of the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) embarked on an indefinite strike, accusing the state government of failing to address their long-standing demands.


In a statement issued after an emergency meeting, the union said it had been left with “no option but to explore all available avenues for an indefinite strike,” following what it described as the government’s continued silence on several correspondences, including letters dated September 1 and October 9, 2025.


A Daily Trust correspondent observed that most courts within Kaduna metropolis were closed as early as 8:00 a.m., with JUSUN officials moving around to ensure full compliance with the strike directive.


At the State High Court along Bida Road, the main gate was chained, with union members stationed nearby. Similarly, the Sharia Courts at Magajin Gari 1 and 2 were locked and deserted.


Speaking at the High Court premises, JUSUN Vice Chairman Donatus Adamu confirmed that the industrial action would continue until the union’s demands were met.


“We support this government, it is our government but unfortunately, we had no choice but to commence the strike today,” Adamu said.

“Our action is not meant to target anyone; it is for the improvement of the entire system. Our demands include the implementation of financial autonomy for the judiciary and the consequential adjustment for the new minimum wage.”


Other demands listed by the union include payment of nine-month leave grants, among others.


“As soon as these issues are addressed, we will call off the strike,” Adamu assured.


The union’s Organizing Secretary, Aminu S. Wada, also decried the plight of judiciary workers in the state, saying that staff between grade levels 1 and 6 have yet to receive the full ₦72,000 minimum wage.


He described the situation as “unhealthy and demoralizing for the workforce.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.