ACTIVIST SALOME DANJUMA CALLS FOR CALM OVER ALLEGED KIDNEY REMOVAL CASE INVOLVING KADUNA BOY. (PHOTO).

Image
 Activist Salome Danjuma Calls For Calm Over Alleged Kidney Removal Case Involving Kaduna Boy Activist Salome Danjuma has called for calm following reports concerning a young Kaduna boy who allegedly had his kidneys removed without his knowledge at a hospital in Abuja. Danjuma, in a statement, said she had seen a video in which an individual allegedly called on youths from Kaduna State to attack and burn down the hospital reportedly linked to the case. She urged members of the public not to resort to violence, stressing that the incident reportedly occurred in Abuja and not Kaduna State. According to Danjuma, the Nigeria Police Force and the Department of State Services (DSS) are working to identify and arrest those responsible for the alleged threats. She also claimed that Kaduna State Governor Uba Sani had been informed of the matter by the police. The activist further said she was in possession of information about the hospital but was awaiting permission from social media activ...

W.H.O CHIEF VISITS EBOLA OUTBREAK EPICENTER IN CONGO AS CASES RISE IN REGION. (PHOTO)


 WHO chief visits Ebola outbreak epicenter in Congo as cases rise in region

The head of the World Health Organization traveled Saturday to Bunia in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the center of an ongoing Ebola outbreak, as health officials continue efforts to contain the spread of the virus.

WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is meeting with local officials and response teams during the visit to thank them for their work and coordination in addressing the outbreak. The trip comes as global health authorities monitor rising case numbers across the region.

Health officials reported 134 confirmed cases and 18 confirmed deaths in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and neighboring Uganda, along with 906 suspected cases currently under investigation in the DRC.

Tedros has also been in communication with Congolese Prime Minister Judith Suminwa, with both sides emphasizing the importance of community involvement in controlling the outbreak. They noted that the country’s prior experience responding to Ebola, including 16 previous outbreaks, positions it to manage the current situation.

The discussions also focused on using the crisis to strengthen health systems in Ituri province and other regions, including improving emergency preparedness and medical services.

Despite the growing number of cases, government officials have urged calm. Congo’s communications minister said the country has extensive experience dealing with Ebola and is well equipped to respond, citing the presence of trained medical teams and ongoing daily public updates.

He also noted that at least one patient has recovered and been discharged after testing negative twice, which officials view as a positive sign in the response effort.

Authorities continue to stress that Ebola spreads through direct contact with bodily fluids from infected individuals and is not transmitted through the air like respiratory illnesses.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.