LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

UP AT DAWN FOR FRONT-ROW SEAT TO HISTORY AT FRANCIS’S FUNERAL. (PHOTO).


 Up at dawn for front-row seat to history at Francis’s funeral


Many had woken up at dawn while others slept in their cars before Catholic faithful poured into St Peter’s Square from all corners of the globe on Saturday, fuelled by a desire to honour Pope Francis. As the first rays of the day rose over the sprawling Baroque plaza, mourners rushed towards empty chairs once they had passed through metal detectors, anxious for a front-row seat to history.


Among them was Jean-Baptiste Leclezio, a 22-year-old from Lyon, who slept on the ground overnight at the seat of the Catholic Church to be among the first to enter for the funeral of Francis, who died on Monday age 88. “We took floor mats and sleeping bags and we slept there with 400 people, a lot of young people, scouts,” he told AFP. “There were people singing all night but we managed to sleep,” he said.


Australian Eloise Bird, 38, said she was tired but happy to have made it into the square after having queued up since 5:15 am with her four children. Determined to make the most of a “once-in-a-lifetime opportunity” she said it had been “very hard getting in here”.

“There was so much pushing. The little children were just getting squished from every side,” she said. “We know that it’s not the end for him, God willing, he’s going to heaven and he will live for eternity there,” she said of the Argentine pontiff.


Peruvian social worker Gabriela Lazo, 41, said she and her family had arrived on Friday in Rome and “spent the whole night here in the car”. “Being at the funeral with my family and being able to hear the mass is the most beautiful thing,” she said. “We would have liked to see him in person… but thank God and him that we are here at this moment.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.