EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

CHINEDU MATHEW NWOBI ARRAIGNED YESTERDAY OVER EMPLOYMENT SCAM.{PHOTO}.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing
       The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission , EFCC on Monday, May 7 2018, arraigned Mr. Chinedu Mathew Nwobi before Justice Dugbor-Oghoghorie of the Federal High Court, Enugu, on a two- count charge bordering on obtaining money under false pretence to the tune of N1,900, 000.00 ( One Million, Nine Hundred Thousand Naira) only, contrary to section 8 (a),and 1(1)(c)and punishable under section 1(3)of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act,2006.
Investigations carried out by the Commissions showed that the defendant, between 8th February, 2018 obtained the sum of One Million, Nine Hundred Thousand Naira only (N1, 900,000.) from the petitioner alleging that he is a staff of Nigeria Prison Service and that his colleague, Mr. Chinedu Mathew who works in the Arms Department of the Prison Service, Abuja, came to his duty post and told him that there were vacancies/slot from his uncle, Mr. Eze Ephraim who works in Interior Department Abuja. The petitioner further stated that Mr Eze further requested for additional N300,000, yet they couldn’t get the job. The petitioner lamented that efforts made to get back his money proved abortive. When the case was called up, prosecution counsel M.K Basil, applied that the charge be read to the defendant to which he pleaded not guilty. The defence counsel, J.E Orji made an oral application for the bail of the defendant which was refused by the Judge who ordered him to apply formally. He subsequently remanded the defendant in prison custody and the matter adjourned to February 10th, 2018 for trial and hearing of bail application.
Image may contain: 1 person, standing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).