GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

COVID-19: ONE DOCTOR DIED, 32 OTHERS TESTED POSITIVE IN KANO — NMA CHAIR.{PHOTO}.#PRESS RELEASE.


NIZO food research BV: COVID-19 Information for customers and ...       May 5, 2020
…resolves that no PPEs, no work
By Bashir Bello
Chairman, Kano State chapter of the Nigeria Medical Association, NMA, Dr Sunusi Muhammad Bala on Tuesday said it has lost one doctor to the raging coronavirus pandemic while 32 others tested positive in the state.
Dr Bala who disclosed this in an interview with Vanguard on Tuesday said it members have resolved that it would not risk their lives if Personal Protection Equipments, PPEs are not provided for them.
Also read: Court remands eight persons for allegedly pretending to be NDLEA officials
The doctors were infected while on duty and attending to patients with symptoms of the coronavirus.
The NMA Chair said it is still compiling the list of it doctors affected but at the moment it has 32 who were infected and one dead.According to him, “we have 32 doctors positive and one doctor is dead in Kano. We are still compiling the data but as at now we have 32 and within the last two weeks.
“Yes, we have developed a feedback mechanism system whereby we access each facility, what we have and we report to the relevant authorities to provide. But what we all agreed is that, all doctors if they don’t have PPEs, they shouldn’t risk their lives,” Dr Bala however said.
Recall that as of the time of filing in this report the number of confirmed positive cases in the state stands at 365 and eight deaths.
NIZO food research BV: COVID-19 Information for customers and ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).