All Workers To Benefit From Provisional Wage Increment - Gbajabiamila
Federal Government and the labour unions ended up their meeting with an agreement that all categories of workers should benefit from the wage increment announced by President Bola Tinubu in the National broadcast.
After the closed door meeting, Chief of Staff to the President Femi Gbajabiamila stated that the president agreed to the new formula after an observation by the labour unions.
He said that other consensus were agreed on and would be made available after the unions meet with their various organs by Monday.
Gbajabiamila pointed out that the government and unions were all working for the good of the country and its citizens.
The Nigeria Labour Congress President, Joe Ajaero, said that the union had got a ‘’promissory note’’ from the government to take back to its members, adding that the final decision would be communicated after that.
The NLC and the TUC have declared Tuesday to begin an indefinite strike over the issue of fuel subsidy removal palliatives that government has yet to implement.
In response to the labour demands, President Bola Tinubu on Sunday announced a wage increment for workers in the country as well as the deployment of Compressed Natural Gas buses to ease cost of transportation.
The President said in a broadcast that government was committed to relieving the hardship faced by Nigerians, adding that various measures had been taken by all tiers of government to mitigate them.
The meeting had in attendance from the government side the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila, Minister of Labour and Employment Simon Lalong, Minister of State for Labour and Employment Nkiruka Onyejeocha.
Others are Minister of Information and National Orientation Mohammed Idris as well ministers of Budget and National Planning Atiku Bagudu, Finance Wale Edun and that of Trade, Investment and Industry, Doris Uzoka
Comments
Post a Comment