RUSSIA UNLEASHES MASSIVE DRONE AND MISSILE BARRAGE ON KYIV, INCLUDING RARE ORESHNIK HYPERSONIC STRIKE, KILLING AT LEAST FOUR AND INJURING DOZENS. (PHOTO).

Image
 Russia unleashes massive drone and missile barrage on Kyiv, including rare Oreshnik hypersonic strike, killing at least four and injuring dozens Russia launched one of its largest aerial attacks in months on Kyiv and surrounding areas, unleashing hundreds of drones and missiles in an overnight barrage that killed at least four people and injured more than 80, Ukrainian officials said. Authorities reported widespread damage across the capital region, including destroyed residential buildings, damaged schools, and strikes on infrastructure as emergency crews worked through the night to extinguish fires and clear rubble. Officials said the assault included the use of an Oreshnik hypersonic missile, which was fired near the capital and marked only the third known deployment of the system in the war since Russia’s full-scale invasion began in 2022. The missile, which is believed to have a long range and potential nuclear capability, was part of a larger wave of roughly 90 missiles and ...

SOWORE: NIGERIANS SHOULD BE TOLD THE EXACT COUNTRY AKEREDOLU DIED.(PHOTO).


Sowore: Nigerians should be told exact country Akeredolu died

Omoyele Sowore, presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) in the last election, says Nigerians deserve clarity on which country Rotimi Akeredolu, former Ondo governor, died.

He also said the constitution was not followed while transferring power to Lucky Aiyedatiwa, governor of Ondo state.

Speaking on Friday during an interview on AriseTV, Sowore expressed concern over the controversies surrounding the exact place of death of Akeredolu.

Akeredolu died on Wednesday morning following a protracted battle with prostate cancer. He was aged 67.

The late governor embarked on his second medical leave in as many months on December 13, and had to transfer power to Aiyedatiwa.

The late governor’s absence sparked a political crisis in the state, amid allegations that his signature was forged on official documents in his last days.

“The constitution was not obeyed. They tried everything they could to ensure that they didn’t meet Nigeria’s standard in transferring power,” he said.

“All of these were unnecessary. We could have resolved this a year ago because there was available evidence to us that the governor was not likely to make it.

“But I blame those who were manipulating the people of Ondo state and those who accepted that, including myself. We took too long to intervene before this was finally resolved.

“They didn’t hand over, they did not invoke the doctrine of necessity as a matter of fact, as of last week.

“They were still claiming that the governor was going back on vacation.

“If I heard the substantive governor right, he just said, I may be wrong, that the man passed on in his house and not in Germany.

“I don’t know if you heard him right but we should find out where he passed on to the great beyond.

“His family issued a statement saying he died in Germany, his former deputy now said he died in his house.

“Maybe it is a grammatical issue, I don’t know. I am saying that if he hadn’t died, there would have been a lacuna and it should not be accepted.”

He said people should be investigated for the roles they played during Akeredolu’s last days.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).