MY DECISION TO WITHDRAW FROM THE RIVERS STATE GUBERNATORIAL PRIMARIES- GOV. FUBARA. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 GOVERNMENT OF RIVERS STATE   PRESS STATEMENT  MY DECISION TO WITHDRAW FROM THE RIVERS  STATE  GUBERNATORIAL PRIMARIES  Fellow Rivers People, After deep reflection and extensive consultations with my family, friends, and associates, I have taken the difficult but necessary decision to withdraw from the APC gubernatorial primaries. I do so with a full heart and with a firm commitment to support whoever emerges as the candidate of our great party. Leadership is ultimately about sacrifice. There comes a time when personal ambition must yield to the greater good of the people. Rivers State is bigger than any individual, and at this critical moment, the peace, stability, and unity of our dear state must take precedence over every personal interest. To my supporters who stood firmly with me throughout this journey who gave their time, resources, prayers, and unwavering hope, I offer my deepest gratitude. I understand the disappointment, the anger, and the pa...

MEXICO’S PRESIDENT CONDEMNS DEATHS OF THREE NATIONALS IN US IMMIGRATION CUSTODY. (PHOTO).


 Mexico’s president condemns deaths of three nationals in US immigration custody

Mexico’s President Claudia Sheinbaum on Friday strongly condemned the deaths of three Mexican nationals who died while in the custody of U.S. immigration authorities this year. Sheinbaum expressed disbelief that such incidents are still occurring, highlighting the death of a 19-year-old at a Florida detention center on Monday, along with two other cases earlier this year. “The report says the young man killed himself,” Sheinbaum said. “Nonetheless, we want a full investigation.”

The 19-year-old, Royer Perez Jimenez, had been arrested in January on charges including fraud for impersonation and misdemeanor resisting an officer. He was found in his cell at the Glades County Detention Center in Florida at 2:34 a.m. on March 16. Staff immediately attempted life-saving measures, but his death is currently classified as a “presumed suicide” pending investigation. Earlier this year, other Mexican nationals, including 34-year-old Heber Sanchez Domínguez and a 48-year-old man in March, also died in ICE custody. The Mexican government called the deaths “unacceptable” and pledged to use all available legal and diplomatic measures to defend the rights of its citizens abroad. Officials noted that at least 30 migrants died in U.S. detention centers last year—the highest since 2004—and at least 12 have died so far this year, amid heightened deportation efforts and ICE operations under the Trump administration.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).