TODAY, AUGUST 17TH, WILL MAKE IT EIGHT WEEKS SINCE I WAS SEPARATED FROM MY CHILDREN.- VICTORIA OKORO, WIFE OF FRANCIS OBILA, SON OF THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF EBONYI STATE. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE
Passengers at Houston's William P. Hobby Airport faced lengthy delays Saturday night after authorities responded to a reported bomb threat involving a Southwest Airlines flight.
Houston Airports confirmed that a threat had been reported but did not identify the flight involved. Houston police responded to the airport with K9 units as officers investigated the situation.
The airport continued operating during the investigation, but passengers aboard several flights reported being held for extended periods.
Nashville Vice Mayor Angie Henderson said her flight to Nashville remained on the tarmac for more than two hours. Passengers were eventually permitted to leave the aircraft in groups of five while police and K9 teams searched bags.
Another passenger traveling to Tucson, Arizona, said she was removed from her flight and saw police moving between gates and coordinating with Transportation Security Administration personnel.
Houston police initially characterized the incident as a reported "general hazard" and said officers were dispatched to the airport around 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Authorities did not identify the flight involved or provide additional details about the reported threat. The investigation remains ongoing.
Comments
Post a Comment