NAF INTENSIFIES AIRPOWER CAMPAIGN, STRENGTHENS AIR PRESENCE IN SOKOTO TO DENY TERRORISTS FREEDOM OF ACTION. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 NAF INTENSIFIES AIRPOWER CAMPAIGN, STRENGTHENS AIR PRESENCE IN SOKOTO TO DENY TERRORISTS FREEDOM OF ACTION The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has intensified its airpower campaign against terrorism, banditry, kidnapping and other criminal activities across the North-West, with a strengthened air presence in Sokoto State to support ongoing joint security operations. The initiative reflects the Service’s determination to sustain pressure on hostile elements, enhance aerial surveillance and maintain the capacity for rapid response to emerging threats, while providing effective air support to ground forces operating within the Joint Operations Area. The strengthened air presence is particularly significant in the fight against asymmetric threats, where terrorists and bandits exploit difficult terrain, mobility and concealment to evade ground forces. By leveraging the reach, speed, flexibility and precision of airpower, the NAF is better positioned to support efforts to locate, disrupt and d...

EX-HONDURAS PRESIDENT HERNÁNDEZ EXPRESSES GRATITUDE TO TRUMP IN FIRST MESSAGE SINCE RELEASE. (PHOTO).


 Ex-Honduras president Hernández expresses gratitude to Trump in first message since release

 Honduras’ former President Juan Orlando Hernández expressed gratitude to U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday, marking his first public statement since being released from a U.S. prison. Hernández thanked Trump for granting him a pardon, which came as a surprise just days before Honduras’ national elections.

Hernández was serving a 45-year sentence, having been convicted of helping drug traffickers move hundreds of tons of cocaine to the United States in exchange for bribes that bolstered his political career. In his message on X, Hernández declared his innocence, writing, “I said it as I left my home, I said it as I was wrongfully convicted, and I will say it again now that I have my liberty. I am innocent. You changed my life, sir, and I will never forget it.”

Trump had defended the pardon, telling reporters that U.S. prosecutors had claimed Hernández was targeted because he was president and that the case was politically motivated. Hernández was released on Monday from the U.S. Penitentiary in Hazelton West Virginia. His wife, Ana García, confirmed his release and said he was staying at an undisclosed location for his safety.

According to García, Hernández had been seeking a pardon for several months, beginning with a petition to the U.S. Office of Pardons and later sending a personal letter to Trump on his birthday, October 28. In the days leading up to Honduras’ election, Trump also publicly endorsed a candidate from Hernández’s conservative National Party.

As vote counting continued Wednesday, National Party candidate Nasry Asfura trailed Salvador Nasralla of the Liberal Party by less than 1% of counted votes. Hernández has portrayed himself as a key ally in anti-drug trafficking efforts, claiming to have worked with U.S. authorities under three presidential administrations to curb cocaine shipments.

Hernández was arrested in February 2022 at the request of the United States, weeks after the current President Xiomara Castro took office. Two years later, he was sentenced to 45 years in a New York federal court for accepting bribes from drug traffickers who moved roughly 400 tons of cocaine through Honduras to the U.S.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.