FORMER MANCHESTER UNITED STAR PAUL SCHOLES HANDED SIX-MONTH DRIVING BAN.(PHOTO).

Image
 Former Manchester United star Paul Scholes handed six-month driving ban Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has been handed a six month driving ban after he racked up two convictions in the space of two days. The 51-year-old was caught speeding in a Range Rover in March while on a late-night drive through Cleckheaton in West Yorkshire. West Yorkshire Police brought a prosecution over the incident, as Scholes’ car had been clocked at 37mph on a 30mph stretch of residential road. The ex-England star was also taken to task by Greater Manchester Police after a Mercedes registered in his name was caught driving at 49mph in a 30mph zone in November last year. Scholes was then prosecuted for failing to respond to two police letters asking for confirmation that he had been the speeding driver. The two criminal cases culminated in hearings on two days last week, when Scholes was handed a six-month driving ban and ordered to pay fines, costs, and court fees totalling £1,472. A ...

AL QAEDA-LINKED GROUP KILLED AT LEAST 12 TRUCK DRIVERS IN MALI, HRW SAYS. (PHOTO).


 Al Qaeda-linked group killed at least 12 truck drivers in Mali, HRW says


Islamist militants from an al Qaeda-linked group killed 10 long-haul truck drivers and two ​teenage apprentices who were travelling through Mali's western ‌Kayes region in late January, Human Rights Watch (HRW) said on Tuesday, Reuters reported.


Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal-Muslimin (JNIM) attacked a military-escorted fuel convoy ​of at least 40 trucks, the HRW ​report said.


JNIM, which mainly operates in Mali ⁠and Burkina Faso, has emerged as the region's ​strongest militant group. It aims to impose Islamic rule ​across the Sahel and extend its influence to coastal West Africa.


Malian military authorities have turned to armed escorts to ease ​a fuel supply blockade on the landlocked country imposed ​by the insurgents.


Witnesses told HRW the convoy, which was supposed ‌to ⁠supply fuel to the Kayes region, had left Senegal's capital Dakar on January 27 and crossed Mali's border the next day.


JNIM fighters captured several drivers ​who abandoned their ​trucks when ⁠the attackers opened fire, later executing 12 while releasing others, the HRW said.


Six ​drivers have been missing since the ​attack, ⁠the report said.


Mali's truck drivers union told Reuters last month that 15 drivers were captured and executed on ⁠the ​spot during the attack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.