FREDDIE JACKSON, R&B LEGEND BEHIND “YOU ARE MY LADY” AND “ROCK ME TONIGHT,” DIES AT 70.(PHOTO).

Image
Freddie Jackson, R&B Legend Behind “You Are My Lady” and “Rock Me Tonight,” Dies at 70 R&B has lost one of its most unmistakable voices. Freddie Jackson, the singer whose smooth delivery helped define romantic R&B during the 1980s and gave generations of listeners songs including “You Are My Lady,” “Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)” and “Have You Ever Loved Somebody,” has died. He was 70. Jackson’s death was announced Tuesday, October 6, through his verified Instagram account. According to the memorial shared by his family and team, the singer died Monday night, October 5. The announcement did not disclose a cause of death. “It is with profound sadness and heavy hearts that we share the passing of our beloved Freddie Jackson,” the statement read, describing the singer as a generous soul who loved his fans, family, friends and music. The memorial graphic accompanying the announcement lists Jackson’s life as October 2, 1956 – October 5, 2026, meaning he died just three da...

NIGERIANS RAISE N1. 8M FOR PROTESTER WHOSE SON DREAMS OF BECOMING A PROGRAMMER. (VIDEO/PHOTO).

 

Nigerians Raise N1.8m For Protester Whose Son Dreams Of Becoming Programmer



Nigerians have raised N1.8m for a protester whose son dreams of becoming a programmer.


Ogwu Chijioke was one of the hundreds of protesters who trooped to the streets in Lagos State on Thursday to join the nationwide #EndBadGovernance demonstrations over the country’s harsh economic conditions.


The protester who was interviewed at the Lekki Toll Gate area of Lagos, narrated his struggles in making his son’s dreams of becoming a programmer a reality.


“I’m riding from Mile 2, Festac. My son at 13 is a programmer but I can’t even buy data for him to learn more. I can’t even pay for the tuition fees, millions of naira. At 13, he can programme games,” he told newsmen, clutching to his bicycle.


“My name is Ogwu Benjamin Chijioke. I would rather die on the streets than die at home. I can’t sit down and watch the future of my son go to waste. I know I may not have a future again in Nigeria but my son’s future will not be wasted.”


Moments later, his video went viral.


“You can feel the passion in his soul,” social media influencer Morris Monye captioned the video shared on his X handle. “He’s lost hope that life will be good for him but has not lost hope for his son. This is why he is protesting.”


“Hello, guys. I’ve gotten his details,” Morris wrote hours later.  “N1.8m is needed to make his dreams come true.”


Barely 24 hours after the move, the money was crowdfunded.


“N1.8m raised. Money complete. This crowdfunding is now over,” he said. “Thank you all for your benevolence.”.

Watch video below. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.