NAMES OF CREW AND PASSENGERS ON ILL-FATED AIRCRAFT. (PHOTO).

Image
 Names of Crew and Passengers on Ill-Fated Aircraft As of the time of filing this report, no survivors have been found following the aircraft crash in Ondo State. CREW 1. Squadron Leader M.I. Aburime — Flight Captain 2. Squadron Leader A.P. Man-Ugwueje — Co-pilot 3. Flight Lieutenant I.S. Bako — Co-pilot 4. Warrant Officer Abubakar A. — Aircraft Technician 5. Corporal Uguru H.C. — Aircraft Technician PASSENGERS 6. Flight Lieutenant T.L. Lazarus 7. Flight Lieutenant M. Akinloye 8. Flying Officer I.M. Adeshina 9. Master Warrant Officer Onwuka F. 10. Master Warrant Officer Matini B.A. 11. Warrant Officer Nuhu F.S. 12. Flight Sergeant James R.B. 13. Flight Sergeant Mohammed A.I. 14. Sergeant Ani A.E. 15. Sergeant Izibenikien S.I. 16. Sergeant Alafuka C. 17. Sergeant Mbadugha A.N. 18. Lance Corporal Ugwuba F.C. 19. Lance Corporal Eledan G.E. 20. Mrs. Ezeh Nneka 21. Godstmine Tarabina 22. Joy Micheal 23. Sunday Micheal 24. Ukeme David 25. Gideon Omotola The Chief of Air Staff has ordered...

LAGOS BUILDING COLLAPSE: ‘I ALMOST ATE THERE’, MAN RECOUNTS NARROW ESCAPE. (PHOTO).


 Lagos building collapse: ‘I almost ate there’, man recounts narrow escape


A Lagos resident has explained how he avoided being trapped in a two-storey building that collapsed on Oremeta Street in the Ojodu Berger area of Lagos State.

The building, which housed a local restaurant, was reported to have collapsed at approximately 8 am on Saturday.

It was gathered that the incident occurred minutes after some of the workers arrived.

Although the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency said five people had been rescued as of the time of filing the report, residents in the area feared that many others could be trapped under the rubble.

However, the resident, who identified himself as Chike, told our correspondent that he was lucky to have escaped after he shelved his plan to have breakfast at the restaurant.

“I live in Ojodu; this (the restaurant) is the place I usually go to eat. Last night, I wanted to go there to eat, but I didn’t feel comfortable about going, so I decided to buy some things to cook at home.

“That (cooking at home) also made me not go to the restaurant this morning. This morning, I was preparing to go to Berger to pick something when I heard that something happened at EqualRight, and by the time I got there, I realised that a lot of people had been injured,” he said.

Chike also expressed concern that many people could be trapped underneath the building, as the restaurant was popular in the area.

“In a day, they get up to 100 customers. Sometimes, when a football match is on, you can find up to 70 people gathered there. We feel bad about this incident.

“As I speak with you, some people are in the building. We have yet to confirm whether they are alive, but we pray they are alive, by the Grace of God.

“The building was old, but I don’t know whether they were trying to build another structure there,” he added.

Emergency responders struggled to control the crowd of onlookers.

Some angry youths refused to vacate the scene, against the instruction of some police officers on the ground, as two bulldozers struggled to make their way into the premises.

Efforts to reach the Lagos State Police Command were unsuccessful, as the Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, could not be reached for comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.