OSUN POLICE CONFIRM DAVIDO WAS TARGET IN VIOLENT ATTACK ON GOVERNOR ADELEKE'S CONVOY. (PHOTO).

Image
Osun Police Confirm Davido Was Target in Violent Attack on Governor Adeleke's Convoy Assault on Governor's Convoy in Osogbo The Osun State Police Command has made a startling revelation regarding the recent security breach involving the convoy of Governor Ademola Adeleke. According to law enforcement officials, international Afrobeat sensation Davido was the primary target of the violent disruption that occurred in Osogbo, the state capital. The incident unfolded shortly after Governor Adeleke received his certificate of return from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). As the governor's motorcade, which also carried his children and the music star, made its way to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, a confrontation erupted between security details and armed individuals. Cultists Linked to the Targeted Attack Police spokesperson Abiodun Ojelabi confirmed that preliminary findings point to members of the notorious Eye Confraternity. The principal suspect has ...

DSS CONFIRMS DETENTION OF JOURNALIST ZAINAB SODIQ OVER UNAUTHORISED DRONE.(PHOTO).


 DSS Confirms Detention of Journalist Zainab Sodiq Over Unauthorised Drone


The Department of State Services (DSS) has confirmed the detention of journalist Zainab Sodiq, stating that she is being investigated for allegedly operating a drone without the required authorisation.


The confirmation followed accusations by African Action Congress (AAC) presidential candidate Omoyele Sowore and the Take It Back Movement, who claimed the secret police unlawfully detained Sodiq and demanded her immediate release.


In a statement issued on Thursday, the DSS said Sodiq was intercepted by officials of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Aviation Security and DSS operatives at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, on July 6, 2026, while attempting to travel to Abuja with an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV).


According to the agency, Sodiq could not produce the mandatory End User Certificate required under Nigerian regulations for the acquisition and operation of drones.


“The Department of State Services confirms detention of one Zainab Sodiq at its National Headquarters, Abuja. Subject was intercepted by FAAN AVSEC and operatives of DSS at Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, on July 6, 2026, with an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle en route Abuja from MMIA without an End User Certificate,” the statement read.


The DSS added that Sodiq admitted during questioning that she lacked the required documents. She was, however, allowed to board her flight to Abuja due to a prior engagement and was asked to report to the agency’s headquarters on Wednesday for further investigation.


The service explained that its action aligns with regulations issued by the Office of the National Security Adviser, which empower it to impound and sanction unauthorised drone operations.


“Service investigation has commenced. This action is necessitated by global and domestic security concerns associated with operation of drones, especially issues of privacy breaches and safety of individuals,” the DSS stated. It reiterated its commitment to professionalism and adherence to the rule of law.


Sowore, however, rejected the DSS explanation, insisting that the journalist was targeted due to her association with him rather than the drone itself.


In a statement on Thursday, Sowore claimed the DJI Mavic Air drone belonged to him and had been used for media coverage of elections and public events. He said he personally spoke with DSS personnel in Lagos, explaining the situation, but alleged the seizure was a pretext.


According to Sowore, the real motive was to prevent Sodiq from delivering his international passport to Abuja to perfect bail conditions granted to him by a Federal High Court presided over by Justice M.G. Umar.


He alleged that after the drone was seized, Sodiq proceeded to Abuja but was detained upon honouring an invitation to the DSS office. Sowore claimed that DSS Director-General Tosin Ajayi initially described the matter as “routine screening,” but the situation changed after he publicised the detention on social media.


The Take It Back Movement echoed Sowore’s position, alleging that Sodiq was lured to Abuja under the pretext of retrieving her equipment before being detained.


“This is not merely about Zainab Sodiq. This is about Omoyele Sowore. This is about the increasing desperation of the Tinubu government and its security machinery to intimidate everyone connected to Sowore,” the group said in a statement.


The movement described the action as an attempt to criminalise journalism and suppress dissent.


“A journalist carrying out her lawful duty is not a criminal. Covering the activities of an opposition figure is not a crime... The real crime is the use of state security agencies to suppress citizens, silence journalists, intimidate activists, and protect those in power from public accountability,” it added.


The group called on the DSS to either release Sodiq immediately or charge her before a competent court.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.