OSUN POLICE CONFIRM DAVIDO WAS TARGET IN VIOLENT ATTACK ON GOVERNOR ADELEKE'S CONVOY. (PHOTO).

Image
Osun Police Confirm Davido Was Target in Violent Attack on Governor Adeleke's Convoy Assault on Governor's Convoy in Osogbo The Osun State Police Command has made a startling revelation regarding the recent security breach involving the convoy of Governor Ademola Adeleke. According to law enforcement officials, international Afrobeat sensation Davido was the primary target of the violent disruption that occurred in Osogbo, the state capital. The incident unfolded shortly after Governor Adeleke received his certificate of return from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). As the governor's motorcade, which also carried his children and the music star, made its way to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, a confrontation erupted between security details and armed individuals. Cultists Linked to the Targeted Attack Police spokesperson Abiodun Ojelabi confirmed that preliminary findings point to members of the notorious Eye Confraternity. The principal suspect has ...

OLYMPIC CANOEIST DAVID HEARN PLEADS NOT GUILTY IN LINCOLN MEMORIAL REFLECTING POOL DAMAGE CASE. (PHOTO).



Olympic canoeist David Hearn pleads not guilty in Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool damage case


U.S. Olympic canoeist David “Davey” Hearn pleaded not guilty Thursday to a felony charge related to alleged damage to the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool.

Hearn appeared in D.C. Superior Court after a grand jury indicted him on one count of destruction of property, accusing him of causing more than $1,000 in damage to the historic pool. Judge Carmen McLean released Hearn on his own recognizance, with his next court hearing scheduled for August 5.

The courtroom was filled to capacity before the hearing, with additional attendees directed to overflow areas. Hearn remained composed as the charges were read and later spoke quietly with his attorneys about scheduling his next appearance.

Supporters gathered outside the courthouse ahead of the hearing to show their support for the former Olympian.

Hearn is one of several people accused of tampering with the Reflecting Pool, which has been undergoing a major renovation project launched this spring. Prosecutors allege Hearn was seen using both hands to forcefully remove part of the pool’s bottom liner on June 19. His attorneys have denied the allegations, calling the charges unfounded.

Hearn previously said he was arrested and held for several hours after touching a piece of detached coating from the pool during a bike ride. He said he stopped to examine the algae growth and peeling blue material but insisted he did not remove or damage any part of the coating.

“The condition of the Reflecting Pool was the same after I stepped away from the water as it was before I got there,” Hearn said.

The Reflecting Pool renovation has been a major priority for President Donald Trump, with the project costing more than $14 million, significantly higher than the original estimate. A new liner and blue coating were installed ahead of the nation’s 250th anniversary celebrations, but the pool later developed issues with algae that turned the water green.

Three other people accused of removing or attempting to remove pieces of the blue coating have also been charged with misdemeanor destruction of public property. They include Sophie Elaine Dennison-Gibby, Justin Toribio Carreno, and Cameron Michael Thiers, who each pleaded not guilty after their arraignments.

The cases have drawn attention because the coating was reportedly already peeling from the pool before the arrests occurred. Authorities have alleged that the individuals removed pieces of the material, while critics have argued the accusations overlook existing problems with the renovation.

Outside the courthouse, former Olympic canoeist Paul Flack defended Hearn, saying he has known him since they competed together in 1978. Flack said examining the material was a natural reaction for someone curious about the condition of the $14 million project.

Supporter Nina Bang-Jensen also criticized the prosecution, arguing that charging citizens over the incident was excessive and suggested officials were attempting to shift blame for problems with the renovation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.