DOLLY PARTON REVEALED WHERE SHE WANTED TO REST AFTER A LIFETIME IN THE SPOTLIGHT. (PHOTOS).


Dolly Parton revealed where she wanted to rest after a lifetime in the spotlight


Dolly Parton wanted to be laid to rest in a simple and comfortable setting after a lifetime spent in the spotlight, her nephew Brian Seaver has revealed.


According to Seaver, Parton had personally told him how she wanted her final resting place to look, choosing a bed of soft cotton rather than anything elaborate.


“Dolly was a farmer, just like her daddy,” Seaver said in a video shared to Parton’s Instagram on Aug. 25. “He farmed the soil. 


She farmed songs and happiness. Dolly called me and said she wants to rest in a beautiful bed of plush cotton because after a life wearing heavy rhinestones, she finally deserves to be comfortable and have some rest.”


Seaver, who served as Parton’s head of security for more than two decades after his father Larry held the role, also revealed that she had asked him years ago to announce her passing when the time came.


“This video announcement is something Dolly asked of me years ago before I fully absorbed it as a future reality,” he said. “As her head of security for more than two decades, a role my father Larry held before me, I have imagined the heaviness of this moment but haven't truly felt it until now.”


Parton died at 80, and Seaver said the family was left with sadness while believing she was at peace.


“It is an honor, an honor that is mixed with absolute pride and great sadness,” he said. “But sadness lies with us, not with Dolly.”


He also reflected on the influence Parton had on her family, fans and generations of artists.


“By her example, we believed that anything was possible,” Seaver said. “She never saw a door she couldn't open, and the doors she opened made and changed history. My family and I have shared a lifetime of beautiful memories with Dolly but so have you.”


Parton had acknowledged before her death that she was dealing with health problems and had stepped back from touring. During a rare appearance at Dollywood in March, she said, “I've been not touring, as you know. I've had a few little health issues, and we're taking good care of them.”


She also said she needed time to recover after grieving the loss of her husband, Carl Dean, who died at 82 in March 2025.


Despite taking time away from touring, Parton insisted she had no plans to retire.


“I’ve just been doing a lot of writing, a lot of thinking, a lot of praying and a lot of getting ready for a lot of new stuff coming up for the rest of this whole year,” she said. “So, be ready for me. I ain’t done, I ain’t near done.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.