EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

COVID-19: OGUN DEPUTY GOVERNOR INSPECTS STATE INFECTIOUS DISEASE UNIT.{PHOTO}.#PRESS RELEASE.


     The Ogun State Deputy Governor, Engr. Noimot Salako-Oyedele has inspected the Infectious Disease Unit of the General Hospital, Iberekodo in Abeokuta North LGA.
The Deputy Governor, who was on an inspection visit on the directive of the Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, said the State Government was working assiduously to upgrade all essential units for the containment of the COVID-19.
Engr Salako-Oyedele was in company with the Secretary to the State Government, Tokunbo Talabi, the Chief of Staff, Mr Shuaib Salisu, the Hon. Commissioner for Health, Dr. Tomi Coker. and the Senior Special Adviser to the Governor on Political Affairs, Rt. Hon Tunji Egbetokun.
During an interview after the inspection, the Deputy Governor emphasised that the Government is on top of the matter and is working relentlessly to advanced efforts towards control the situation.
"Government is putting plans in place and making adequate preparation to protect everybody. The numbers (of concerned persons) will increase from time to time, because it depends on what kind of situation we are presented with, whether we are isolating, treating or discharging patients," she said.
The Deputy Governor, who went further to disclose that the Government was making contingency plans that would measure up in the change of events, revealed that the renovation of the isolation centre at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), Ago-Iwoye was at its completion stage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).