EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

LASG ADVISES STRICT COMPLIANCE TO CLOSURE OF SCHOOLS.{PHOTO}.#PRESS RELEASE.

Image may contain: 1 person, selfie and close-up
     In view of the need to curb the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as well as safeguard the health of teachers and students in Lagos State, the Director-General, Lagos State Office of Education Quality Assurance (OEQA), Mrs. Abiola Seriki-Ayeni has reiterated the need for both Public and Private Schools in the State to adhere strictly to the directives of the Lagos State Government towards closing down schools from Monday, 23rd March, 2020.
In a statement released by the Office of the Director-General, OEQA, evaluators have been strictly mandated to monitor compliance with the directives of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
According to Mrs. Seriki-Ayeni, schools intending to hold special sessions or write examinations before the said date should desist from doing so, stressing that this would be contrary to the directives of the State Government that all social gatherings or any gathering with more than 50 people remain banned.
She averred that, in line with the recent developments on COVID-19, all Principals and School owners are advised to note that failure to adhere to these directives may endanger the lives of students and teachers and violate the Lagos State Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
According to her, “Parents are advised to ensure that their children stay at home. No child should be sent to any tutorial centre or camp as this poses the same danger to their health and the larger community”.
“All students must be informed on the basic precautionary methods and hygienic practices which include giving social distance, avoiding large gatherings and close contact with sick persons, regular handwashing with soap and the use of alcohol-based hand sanitisers”, she added.
The Director-General maintained that strict compliance with these directives is mandatory, as failure to adhere will attract sanctions that may include the closure of the school indefinitely.
Image may contain: 1 person, selfie and close-up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).