EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

ABUJA TEACHER CHARGED TO COURT FOR ALLEGEDLY FLOGGING STUDENT. (PHOTO).


Abuja teacher charged to court for allegedly flogging student



The police on Tuesday arraigned a 43-year-old teacher, David Yusuf, in a Wuse Zone II Magistrates’ Court in Abuja for allegedly flogging a student of the Government Girls College, Kuje, FCT.

The defendant, who is said to be a casual staff of the college is charged with two counts of causing grievous without provocation and assault.

He pleaded not guilty.

The police prosecutor, Mr Edwin Inegbenoise, told the court that the case was transferred from the Kuje Divisional Police Headquarters, to the Criminal Investigation Department, FCT, for further investigation.

Inegbenoise alleged that the nominal complainant, Henry Iortim, of Union Homes Estate, Kuje, reported the case at the police station.

The prosecutor said the complainant alleged that his 16-year-old daughter and a student of the college was assaulted by the defendant on June 2.

He added that the defendant during night prep flogged the victim with an iron rod and inflicted injuries on her palm and other parts of her body.

He further said that the offences charged with contravened the provision of sections 241 and 326 of the Penal Code.

Magistrate Abdulmajid Oniyangi, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N2 million with two sureties in likes sum that must be residing within the jurisdiction of the court.

He ordered that the addresses of the sureties should be verified by the court’s registrar before the defendant would be released.

He adjourned the case until Nov. 6 for hearing and presentation of witnesses by the prosecuting counsel. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).