EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

VIGILANTE GROUP ARRESTS 14-YEAR-OLD BOY WITH PISTOL IN RIVERS STATE. (PHOTO).


Vigilante group arrests 14-year-old boy with pistol in Rivers



A vigilante group in Rivers State said its men have arrested a 14-year-old boy with a pistol while robbing residents of Ikwerre Road in the Mile 1 axis of Diobu in Port Harcourt.

The local vigilante, known as Diobu Security Services revealed that the teenager (name withheld) allegedly led a three-man criminal during the operation on Sunday night.

The Commander of the Diobu Security Service, Prince Amatari, disclosed this while speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt on Tuesday.

Amatari explained that the boy’s arrest followed a distress call put across by residents of the area to the vigilante that some miscreants were dispossessing them of cash and other valuables along Ikwerre Street by Emenike when his men swooped on them.

He further disclosed that on sighting them, two of the criminals fled, but luck ran out for the 14-year-old who was nabbed.

The vigilante Commander said, “If a boy of 14 years can have the mind to rob residents with a pistol it tells you how the society is now.

“The victims said their money, clothes and mobile phones were collected by the criminals. I spoke with the suspect and he said it was hunger that pushed him into acrime.

“Then I asked him at age 14 you are not talking about hunger, are you not supposed to be in school?

“He now said he doesn’t have money to train himself in school and that is why he joined an armed robbery gang.”

Amatari added that the suspect was later handed over to the Mile 1 Police Station in Port Harcourt, the state Capital.

Efforts to reach the spokesperson for the State Police Command, Grace Iringe-Koko, proved abortive as she did not answer calls put across to her by our correspondent.

Also, she had yet to reply to a text message sent to her as of the time of filing this report on Tuesday. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).