POPE LEO XIV TO UNDERGO LUNG SURGERY. (PHOTO).

Image
 POPE LEO XIV TO UNDERGO LUNG SURGERY Pope Leo XIV has announced that he will undergo surgery in the coming days to remove a lump on his lung, which was detected at a very early stage. During his weekly Angelus address in St Peter’s Square on Sunday, the 71-year-old pontiff told the crowd that a lung nodule had been discovered during recent medical checks and was highly localised. The statement by the Vatican press office adds that Doctors had recommended an operation to remove it, and that the procedure had already been planned.  It further confirms that his recovery was expected to take about one week. Born in Chicago, Leo became the first American pope in May 2025, following the death of his Argentine predecessor, Pope Francis, on 21 April 2025. He was elected on 8 May 2025 to lead the world’s 1.4 billion Catholics. Since assuming office, the former Robert Francis Prevost has gradually established his leadership style, speaking out on major global issues, including conflict...

I NO LONGER SMOKE OR TAKE ALCOHOL- SOLID STAR. (PHOTO).


 I No Longer Smoke Or Take Alcohol, Says Solid Star 


Many were surprised when some time ago, videos surfaced online showing a popular singer, Joshua Iniyezo, aka Solid Star, looking dirty and walking aimlessly on the street. 


According to his brother, Joseph, who posted the video, the singer was addicted to drugs and was being adversely affected by it.


However, in an interview with Saturday Beats, Solid Star stated that he was no longer addicted and did not indulge in those substances anymore. He said, “I am very well and healthy now. I have been out of hospital for four months now, but I am still taking my medication. I no longer smoke nor take alcohol. I keep everything plain now. I am doing very fine; working to make the world dance again with the good vibe I always bring. I have a studio at my place, and I am ready for my fans. I have been working tirelessly to ensure I present quality music, like I always do.”


Asked the lessons he learnt during his ordeal, the ‘Omotena’ singer said, “I have learnt not to always be by myself, because communication is very important. I was always by myself, so I became depressed, and I started seeing people around me as enemies. I have learnt to love and be positive.”

On if he got support from his colleagues during his low moments, he said, “Yes, I received support from friends, colleagues, fans and family. As a matter of fact, their support made my stay at the hospital comforting, and I appreciate all of them for their support. If not for their support, I would have had a terrible stay at the hospital. But, I was able to pay my bills and eat good meals because of them.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.