EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

SUSPECTED INTERNET FRAUDSTER ARRAIGNED IN ENUGU. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE


 

The Enugu Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arraigned Onwe Onyedika Prince  before Justice Mohammed Garba Umar of the Federal High Court sitting in Enugu,  for  offences bordering on internet fraud.

.

.

Specifically,  he was arraigned on a three-count charge bordering on possession of fraudulent documents and fraudulent impersonation.

.

.

One of the counts reads: “That you, Onwe Onyedika Prince between January and July, 2022 at Enugu, within the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court with intent to defraud, had in your possession a document, which to your knowledge, contained a false pretence in which you assumed the person of one Jamie Johnson and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 6 of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006 and punishable under Section 1 (3) of the same Act”.

.

.

The defendant pleaded “not guilty” to the charges. In view of his plea, counsel to the EFCC ,  Ajobiewe Rotimi Enitan, prayed the court for a trial date “to enable the prosecution to prove its case. We have just two witnesses my Lord”, he said. He also prayed the court to remand the defendant at the Enugu State Correctional facility.

.

.

However, defence counsel, O. A. U. Onyema made an application for bail and prayed the court to “passionately grant him bail”.  Enitan vehemently opposed the bail application on the ground that the defendant is a flight risk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).