FG ANNOUNCES TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF OWERRI AIRPORT FOR RUNWAY REHABILITATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 FG ANNOUNCES TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF OWERRI AIRPORT FOR RUNWAY REHABILITATION  The  Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, has announced the temporary closure of the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri, to allow for major runway rehabilitation works. A statement by the  Minister says the closure has become necessary to improve safety and operational efficiency at the airport, ahead of the Christmas travel season. It adds that the rehabilitation project is a joint partnership between the Federal Government and the Imo State Government, and will involve repairs to deteriorated sections of the runway, treatment of surface cracks, filling of potholes, resurfacing, and extension works to accommodate larger aircraft. The Minister disclosed that he had earlier spoken with the Governor of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodimma, who, along with other critical stakeholders in the South-East, agreed on the need for the temporary closure. The airport i...

I HAVE NO PLANS TO LEAVE LABOUR PARTY- PETER OBI. (PHOTO).


 I have no plans to leave Labour Party – Peter Obi


Labour Party, LP, presidential candidate in the 2023 general elections, Peter Obi, has reaffirmed his commitment to the party, dismissing rumors of an imminent departure.

Despite the internal crisis rocking the party, Obi affirmed that he has no intentions of leaving anytime soon.

He also declared that he is not in any way desperate to be Nigeria’s President at any point in his life.

He spoke while fielding questions from journalists in Bauchi on Sunday shortly after commissioning a hand pump for water supply in Sabon Layi community, a suburb of Bauchi metropolis.

Obi said, “I am not thinking of 2027, my concern for now is how to improve the living standards and conditions of Nigerians.

“Nobody should be talking about politics now, the focus should be on good governance that will make Nigeria better.”

Speaking on the internal crisis rocking the opposition party, the former Anambra governor said, “The leadership crisis in the LP presently is not an abnormal thing, it is an in-house problem and it will be solved amicably as a family.

“I have never thought of leaving the LP, I only advocated for peace because I am a man who believes in peace, I am a man who believes in unity, I am a man who believes that we are the same.

“I don’t see any difference between you and me; by the grace of God I always want to do the right thing.

“That is the reason I came here personally, I would have asked someone to represent me, no, I didn’t.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.