EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

KIDNAPPED TARABA UNIVERSITY STUDENTS: KIDNAPPERS REDUCE N50M RANSOM DEMAND TO N12M. (PHOTO).


 kidnapped Taraba varsity students: Kidnappers reduce N50m ransom demand to N12m


Authorities of the Federal University Wukari, in Wukari Local Government Area of Taraba State, has confirmed that the abductors of the two students of the institution are demanding the sum of N50 million as ransom.


The students who were last week abducted from a nearby restaurant, have been identified as Joshua Sardauna and Obianu Elizabeth.


Sardauna is of the Economics Department, while Elizabeth is a Microbiology student.


Head of the university’s Information and Protocol, Mrs Ashu Agbu, while confirming the kidnappers’ demands, said they had reduced their earlier demand of N50 million to the sum of N12 million.


She stated that the kidnappers’ intention was to abduct the owner of the eatery where one of the kidnapped students was working but snatched the students when they couldn’t get their target.


She said the kidnappers also notified of their intentions to come back for the owner of the eatery.


Ashu assured that the school authorities, in collaboration with security operatives, are still working around the clock to ensure that the students regain their freedom from the abductors unhurt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).