EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

JIGAWA GOV SUSPENDS AIDE OVER 'PREMATURE' STATEMENT ON APPROVAL OF N70K MINIMUM WAGE. (PHOTO).


 Jigawa gov suspends aide over ‘premature’ statement on approval of N70,000 minimum wage


Special Adviser on Salary and Pensions to Governor Umar Namadi of Jigawa State, Alhaji Bashir Ado, has been suspended over an alleged premature statement on N70,000 minimum wage.


A statement issued by the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Mallam Bala Ibrahim, said “the government viewed with serious concern, a statement circulating in various sections of the media alleging that the governor has approved N70,000 as the new minimum wage for workers in the state”.


The statement stated that it sounds embarrassing and premature as the committee headed by the Head of the State Civil Service, set up by the government to advise on the appropriate wage, is yet to complete its assignment and submit a report.


Ibrahim pointed out that as a result of the development, the governor has approved Ado’s immediate suspension, pending findings of a committee set up under the chairmanship of the state Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Barr. Bello Abdulkadir.


According to the SSG, a committee given two weeks to submit its report is to investigate the source, actual content of Ado’s statement and the motive behind it.


Sagir Musa, Commissioner for Information, Youth, Sports and Culture, Dr Abdullahi Muhammmad, Commissioner for Health and Muhammad Yahaya, Permanent Secretary, Establishment and Service Matters, Office of the SSG, make up the committee set up to probe Ado’s premature statement on N70,000 minimum wages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).