EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

NO PLAN TO CEDE LG FUNDS- ABIA GOVT REPLIES NLC. (PHOTO).


 No plan to cede LG funds – Abia government replies NLC


The Abia State Government has reacted to the letter sent to the Speaker of Abia State House of Assembly and jointly signed by the state chairman and secretary of the Abia State chapter of the Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, where the organised labour alleged that there’s a bill sent to the State House of Assembly by the executive seeking to cede 90 per cent of local government funds to the State leaving the LGAs with 10 per cent.


In a statement signed by Ferdinand Ekeoma, Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Publicity, the Abia State government described the letter as disrespectful and baseless.


He said that at no time did the executive arm of government send any bill to the Abia House of Assembly seeking to get 90 per cent of LGA allocation ceded to the state.


According to the statement: “We challenge the NLC leadership who obviously fell prey to the mischievous and unsubstantiated fake news being circulated by some opposition elements in the state, to provide any documentary evidence to back up its claim.


“Shouldn’t a reputable body like the NLC have written a letter of clarification to the House to obtain the correct information instead of hastily rushing to the media to misrepresent the government and disinform the public?


“Shouldn’t the authors of the letter have been more careful, more cautious and more informed before speaking on the issue?”


Ekeoma said that the Deputy Speaker of the Abia State House of Assembly, Austin Okezie had already dismissed such speculation earlier in the week.


The state government cautioned the leadership of NLC against exhibiting what it called unprovoked hostile and malicious disposition based on rumour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).